Friday, March 24, 2017

Fridays are my nemesis

My weeks are full of work, school, and now preparing for my son's wedding. I always take on more than I should and that means all my personal stuff suffers. But I try to take time in the evenings to read - usually short novellas so I feel like I've accomplished something. Here's a taste of last week's from the newly released SILVER SCREEN KISSES: AN ECHO RIDGE ANTHOLOGY (BOOK 3):

"Lacey Johnson had always thought that hitting rock bottom required you to be an alcoholic or a drug addict. But no. It turned out there wre lots of ways to smack right into that piece of real estate."

My Fair Lacey by Janette Rallison

Each novella in this anthology is a parody of a classic movie with little twists. My favorites were this one and While You Were Skiing by Lucy McConnell, but they were all fun reads. Each novella was followed by a recipe from the story as well. If you're looking for a little light-weight entertainment, these are wonderful authors.

6 comments:

  1. I actually haven't read all that many novellas... which is funny, since that's what I write. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them because they're quick reads and I can get through one entire story in an evening after everything else is done. These are truly fun stories.

      Delete
  2. I totally understand taking on too much. I usually blame it on the fact that I want to participate in everything, which only adds to the never-ending to do list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I have this on my TBR pile. But now I definitely want to read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading novellas. Quick and to the point!!

    ReplyDelete